Very late on Thursday, Jan. 5, 2012, the Township finally got the Monday, Board of Trustees agenda on the website. The offices are closed Friday. The first item is a public hearing, which requires a 15 day noticing. That legal notice was not on the website under Legal Notices. My conclusion is that the Township could care less who sees the legal notice, and the mere fact of just posting in on a bulletin board or putting it in a newspaper that few read is good enough for them. This has been an on-going issue between the Board and me. It should be an issue for everyone. The law says 15 days; it should be where people can find the posting with ease. Things happen in this Township because people are not aware of what is going on. Sometimes good, sometimes not.
ITEMS OF CONCERN
- The board packet has the minutes from 12/12/11 for approval. The minutes say that people "spoke to the issues", including me. However, if you want to know WHAT they/I said, you must watch the archived video of the meeting.
- If you live near the corner of South Boulevard and Opdyke Rd., pay attention to the public hearing. An ATM to be installed in parking lot. This item comes BEFORE the first agenda item.
- There are no documents in the file concerning the Grant to the Fire Department, so I do not know what it is for or how much money is involved. item #3
- The Food Drive has no documents in the file. I can give you no details at this time. item #4
- St. Regis Parish apparently has an auction Jan. 21, 2012 from 6-10 pm @ Birmingham CC. item #5 see for more info.
- If you live in the following voting precincts: 3, 16, and 21 pay attention to item # 6. Locations to permanently change.
- There are items at the end of the board packet that are not part of the agenda. I assume they will not be discussed. The information is there for you to review ??
- If the Township follows past patterns, this taped meeting of the Board of Trustees will be on cable TV on the following day, Tuesday, for viewing. See your cable guide. Later, it will be found archived on the Township website Video on Demand.
MONDAY, JANUARY 9, 2012 @ 7 PM BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
FOR DETAILS OF THE AGENDA ITEMS YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS SEQUENCE:
- click here AGENDA
- click on Agenda and Board Packet
- click on Board of Trustees
- click on Board Packets
- click on 2012
- click on Board of Trustees Packet, Jan. 9, 2012
- open the PDF file to read ALL THE DETAILS OF EACH AGENDA ITEM
- items #3, 4 do not have documents in the PDF file to read