This information is from the Bloomfield Township E-NEWS. I have rearranged the information and added comments.
Bloomfield Township Open House
Township Civic Campus, 4200 Telegraph
West off Telegraph, South of Long Lake
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Noon - 4 PM
Patrol Car Rides
Sparky the Fire Dog
Build a Doghouse
- The pieces are in place for the annual Township Open House, set for noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 12, at the Township campus on Telegraph, just south of Long Lake Road.
- The open house is held as part of National Fire Prevention Week, Oct. 5-11. The theme this year is "Working Smoke Alarms Save Lives! Test Yours Every Month."
- For more information and a map of the Open House site click here.
- The day will be packed with activities, ranging from presentations at the Senior Center to the landing of a U-M helicopter by the cable TV station.
- In conjunction with the event, the Bloomfield Township Public Library will host the Wild Swan Theater production of "Strega Nona" at 2 p.m.
- Passport services and absentee voter registrations will also be offered along with presentations on building construction, planning and other services offered by the Township.
- In between will be K-9 police dog demonstrations, fire department drills, pumpkin crafts, kids games and heavy equipment to explore and ride in.
- Of course, there will be plenty of food - hot dogs, popcorn, tacos, candy, doughnuts, cider and more.
- And it's all free.
- Last year's open house drew thousands of visitors. Come and see what the Township has and how it all works.
- And it's all free. So they say.