2 meetings: please see dates, times and locations
Both concerning the development known as The Village at Bloomfield
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 25 @ 10 AM in Bloomfield Township :
Joint Development Council meeting with the City of Pontiac, Mayor Waterman, Bloomfield Township, Supervisor Savoie and Dennis Cowen, neutral member concerning the property to be developed: The Village at Bloomfield located on Telegraph Rd. north of Square Lake
Two things are important at this meeting:
1. The minutes from December 21, 2016 are about the 4 AMENDMENTS to the 2002 Development Agreement that the JDC approved at that meeting, but no actual language of the amendments were seen or read at that meeting. Therefore, it will be very interesting to read the minutes of what the writer of the minutes believed was actually approved. The township has not posted a board packet for the 12/21/16 or the 1/25/17 meeting.
2. The actual agenda item is REDICO submitting a site plan review to the JDC for a MENARDS at the project on Telegraph Road known as The Village at Bloomfield. Since the 425 Agreement for this 85 acre parcel of land, both Bloomfield Township and the City of Pontiac have joint responsibility for the development. However, since the Menards building will be actually located in Pontiac, the Town Center ordinances from Pontiac will be used. It was reported months ago that REDICO will be requesting variances with this site plan review. No word as to what those variances will be. Will the site plan be approved? Will the variances requested be approved? Do these decisions need to go before the Pontiac City Council?
- At a January 12, 2017 City of Pontiac Council meeting these items were passed:
- Please note that the 2016 Development Agreement is completely different and separate from the 2002 Development Agreement.
- The Brownfield plan was presented to the City of Pontiac at the Sept. 22, 2016 Council meeting.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 26 @ 9:30 AM - PUBLIC HEARING
Oakland County Board of Commissioners to hear the Brownfield Plan for the Village at Bloomfield
packet details about the Brownfield plan are on pages 46-194 of the 346 pages of the pdf