Here are some items from the Township website along with my commentary.
Monday, Nov. 7 @ 7 pm Planning Commission meeting
This meeting is not televised and will not be found on cable or the website. Those of you interested in applying for Planning Commission openings please attend this meeting. Showing interest is a plus on your application. I am assuming the township WILL be posting the positions..? There are Jan. 2012 expirations and those positions are traditionally filled at a Dec. 2011 Board of Trustee meeting. Hopefully, the Board of Trustees will vote to telecast these meetings in the near future.
- One important agenda item Monday night is:
- III. Public Hearing – Rezoning / Site Plan
- A. 1655 Opdyke Rd. as part of Bloomfield Hills Shopping Center (1525 – 1616 Opdyke Rd.)
- For more details: http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/Government/Agendas/PCCurrentAgenda.htm
- Don't forget to click on "meeting packet" to get DETAILS.
Tuesday, Nov. 8 @ 7 am to 8 pm .... VOTE
Bloomfield Township residents have 4 different school districts...depending on where in the Township you live.
- If your school district is: Birmingham, Avondale or Pontiac.... there are issues on the ballot for your consideration and VOTE.
- Please go to: http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/Services/Clerk/Elections.htm
- There you can find sample ballots (so you know the issues) and where you should go to vote.
- Some precincts have been combined for this election. You should have received a letter from the Township clerk if your precinct has moved for this election. Can't find the letter? Go to the website.
Wednesday, Nov. 9 @ 2pm Emergency Alert System will be TESTED
This is a nation-wide test. The test will come from FEMA. It will be over 3 minutes in length. (It is usually 10 seconds for weekly tests and one minute for monthly tests.) All radio, television, cable and satellite operators will air the test at exactly the same time.
- Please go to: http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/events/EmergencyReadiness/OverviewEmergencyReadiness.htm for more information.
Saturday, Nov. 12 @ 9:30 - 4:30 pm Big Book Sale at the Township Library
The Friends of the Bloomfield Township Public Library BIG book sale weekend is coming up! Saturday, November 12 sale hours are 9:30am - 4:30pm. The first hour - from 9:30am - 10:30am - is open to Friends members only. Sunday sale hours are 12noon - 4:30pm with the first hour open to Friends members also. Sunday is bag sale day - buy a bag for only $5. Come find your treasure!
- More information about the library at: http://www.btpl.org/
FYI: The ZBA legal notice for the Nov. 15 meeting @ 7 pm is now found on the website in 2 locations.
- The Zoning Board of Appeals legal notice can now be found on the Township website 15 days in advance. (also in newspapers)
- Check the addresses and issues to see if any agenda items are of concern to you or your friends and neighbors.
- The DETAILS of the meeting will not appear on this link until 18 hours before the meeting. However, you may go to the Township offices and inquire about each agenda item prior to that time.
- There is also a location called: "legal notices" on the website http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/Government/LegalNotices.htm